The business of wine is ultimately about people. The Case For Wine values our long-term relationships and has been blessed to work with Wineries, customers and contemporaries for decades.
The producer portfolio curated over the years is rich in heritage, quality, and includes some of the world’s most sought after wines.
Ruben spent his professionally formative years working in Toronto’s restaurant industry and was widely considered to be among the best Sommeliers of the time. He made the leap from Sommelier to wine importing in 2006 and worked with the top firm of Profile Wine Group for over 10 years. In his capacity there, he was responsible for the large On Premise sales team, portfolio selections and grower relations. Being a resident of Toronto enables Ruben to offer on-ground support to your Winery, along with insider’s knowledge and access to Canada’s biggest wine market.
Raised on a steady diet of Killer B’s (Barolo, Brunello, Barbaresco & Bordeaux), Rob has spent most of his life running the family’s restaurants and, eventually, decided to commit himself entirely to the wine business. Always a regular on the wine scene (including late nights at VinItaly and long days at ProWein), Rob has developed a large and diverse network of contacts. Rob has traveled extensively to the wine producing regions of the world but his spiritual home lies somewhere between Alba and Etna.
With more than 10 years’ experience in the wine industry Patricia specializes in dealing with both the LCBO Wines and Vintages channels. Winning new business and making the ongoing success of current listing has been Patricia’s focus. Patricia has the ability to help suppliers navigate the complexities of selling to the LCBO monopoly. This experience has allowed her to build internal forms, documents, systems and templates to facilitate proposals to the LCBO. This is particularly helpful in avoiding the duplication of work when submitting for multiple tenders. For you as a grower this allows you to concentrate on your wine not on administration.
Through collaboration and customer focus Peter has spent over 12 years building relationships and portfolios with suppliers, the LCBO and customers. With a detailed knowledge of the LCBO consignment channel and its programs he has a keen understanding of what obstacles to avoid and opportunities to pursue. Peter has been successful in planning and executing strategies for wineries both large and small to not only meet their LCBO goals but to surpass them.
Down to business with the LCBO
- 10 General List Products Listed at LCBO
- Total case sales 2017 at LCBO 130,000
- Total Vintages case sales 2017 20,000+
- Strong On Premise footprint with deep contacts in the Sommelier community
- Genuine and well established contacts with industry leaders
- Specialty staff dedicated to each market channel within the LCBO
- Market expertise, insight and a commitment to collaboration between supplier and the LCBO
- A dynamic portfolio of top growers and larger firms, able to work across the spectrum
The Consignment channel
- The Consignment channel is used for private imports, mostly used by restaurants to purchase wines unavailable on the store level
- Can be used as an incubator to grow product from the ground level
- A growing area of the wine business in Ontario, one used to import both high volume products and allocated wines
- A way to establish market consistency for your wines in Ontario